Tue, May 09|
Foundations of Food
A 6-week evidenced-based program guiding you through the fundamentals of nutrition and reconnecting with your body through Intuitive Eating
Time & Location
May 09, 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
CCP, 97 James St N, Hamilton, ON L8R 2K6, Canada
About the event
Facilitated by our Nutrition team: Our Nutrition Team Michelle Cordeiro, Anti- Diet Nutritionist and Sarah Hunt, Registered Dietitian. As a client or follower of our work here at CCP, you know how intertwind our mental and emotional health is with our relationships to food. One of the most complex relationships we all have, food can cause a great deal of confusion and stress for people. We believe with a better foundation and understanding of how we nourish ourselves we can make great strides in healing our relationship with food.
Foundations of Food: A 6-week evidenced-based program guiding you through the fundamentals of nutrition and reconnecting with your body through Intuitive Eating. Our weekly meets will give space for you to check in with the group, and share any reflections or questions you may have before we go into the workshop portion of the evening.
Each night is a unique workshop facilitated by Michelle and/or Sarah, aimed at building up your confidence in making non-restrictive choices that feel good in your body. Participants can expect to share when comfortable to do so, learn and hear others experiences with their own relationship to food in this closed group container.
- Learn what diet culture is and how it’s impacting your food choices (and not in a good way).
- Learn the foundations of nutrition from a registered Dietitian, including metabolism, calories, genetics and how they all affect your body.
- Learn how your digestive system functions, gaining food recommendations to add into your diet to boost nutrients and satisfaction.
- Gain a thorough understanding of Intuitive Eating so that you can get started with some actionable first steps.
- Learn the root cause of why you feel out of control around certain foods and how to move into a more neutral relationship instead.
- Understand the process of making intentional rather than reactionary choices, so that you can eat the way you want to.
- Go deeper into the role that vitamins, minerals, supplements, and your gut biome play in how you feel.
- Empower yourself with the knowledge of what bloodwork and medical tests to ask for from your GP.
- Learn how to get in tune with your hunger and fullness cues, so you never second guess your food needs again.
- Explore your different intentions behind eating and different types of hunger .
- Create a plan for self care and self soothing to move forward with your non-diet approach to food and your health.
- Understand how to know whether emotional eating is benefiting you, and when it is not so you can get your needs met.
THIS GROUP MAY BE FOR YOU IF?
- You're looking to have a better understanding of food from an anti-diet and Health at Every size perspective.
- You would like to learn more about how to heal their relationship with food.
- You are or have been confused by what is "right" when it comes to intuitive eating and nourishing our bodies.
- You're looking to start fresh and better your relationship with food.
- You're craving the support of a community to discuss elements around food in a safe environment.
Non-refundable Deposit of $150
Payment plans available at no added cost
Email access throughout 6-weeks
$80 admin fee with cancelation
NUMBER OF SIGN UPS:
10 fit into space
Apr 11, 2022- 7pm-9pm
Apr 18, 2022 - 7pm-9pm
Apr 25, 2022 - 7pm-9pm
May 2, 2022- 7pm-9pm
May 9, 2022- 7pm-9pm
May 15, 2022- 7pm-9pm
This group is a closed group and is limited to 10 people. A closed group means that once the group has started there will be no members starting. This allows for some consistency in conversation and an added level of comfort and trust amongst members.
A short intake form will be provided prior to starting the group.