Eating Disorder Sensitive Training for Professionals
Time & Location
About the Event
Over the course of the last ten years we as Eating Disorder Specialists have struggled to keep up to the demand and provide support to the community that has been impacted by Eating Disorders. CCP has offered various trainings to different organizations and have supervised many therapists over the years. We are slowly working on increasing the number of clinicians to help them feel more confident and capable of working with the increasing number of people who are in need of support. We are thrilled to collaborate with Body Brave to offer an extended version of their online traning for professionals.
Understanding Eating Disorders
Providing Care, including Anti-Oppressive Approaches
The Recovery Community
Cultivating the Therapeutic Alliance
Treatment Approaches for Eating Disorders
Further Eating Disorder Training
The content covers six core competency areas for those who are shared care professionals or recovery support professionals, as per the NEDC's Workforce Core Competencies:
1. "General knowledge of the clinical features of eating disorders, common treatments and the individual experience of recovery.
2. "Ability to identify warning signs of eating disorders and disordered eating and to conduct initial assessment within the scope of usual professional role.
3. "Ability to engage the person with an eating disorder and family in a non-judgemental manner and to motivate engagement with and refer to relevant health services and treatments.
4. "Ability to support the person and their family to facilitate personal recovery."
5. "Ability to contribute to multidisciplinary team assessment, care planning and treatment within scope of usual professional role."
6. "Knowledge of current clinical practices and standards in the treatment of eating disorders."
The extended training is led by Carly Crawford and co- facilitated by Marcia Nazartchyk. During this 4 hour workshop we will be diving deeper into the meaningful content created by Body Brave. We will have the opportunity to expand on concepts, discuss case studies and dive more indepth into the clinical interventions identified in this training that every health care professional can benefit from.
This opportunity for in-person work will allow space for us as clinicians to examine our own beliefs around Eating Disorders and how it relates to the treatment of this diverse population.
This workshop will be taken place twice as we are limiting it to 10 participants at a time. The First training will take place on October 1st from 10:30- 3 (with time for a break) and the next training will be January 14th, 2022.
The investment is $250.00 with $100 from every ticket going directly to Body Brave.
This course has been approved for 3 CEC hours with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.