Wed, Apr 26|
CCP Unit 2A
Coping with Chaos: Skills for daily living
A 6 week, weekly skills based workshop designed to enhance and teach skills to support managing difficult emotions in daily life.
Time & Location
Apr 26, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
CCP Unit 2A, 97 James St N, Hamilton, ON L8R 2K6, Canada
About the event
Led by Rebekah Bender, Occupational Therapist, Psychotherapist and Marcia Nazartchyk, Registered Psychotherapist, This group is informed by theories and skills from the following modalities: CBT and DBT.
The purpose of this group is to support learning and application of these theories and skills to activities in daily life.This group is a space to explore strategies around coping with difficult emotions and daily stressors, and practice applying these skills to situations in a practical and meaningful way.
This group may be appropriate for you if:
- You would like to learn skills and strategies to effectively manage stressors that occur in daily life.
- You would like to learn about emotions, and practical strategies to effectively regulate a range of different emotions.
- You enjoy learning, including theory and practical skills that can be integrated right away.
- You perhaps have learned skills in the past, and are curious about how to use these in daily life and make these more practical / accessible.
- You enjoy learning in a group environment where you can ask questions and learn from both facilitators as well as other participants
This group will cover topics such as:
- Understanding how the brain makes sense of chaotic or difficult events / emotions
- Exploring how behaviours, thoughts and emotions are connected and can influence each other-
Practical skills to use in challenging / chaotic situations
- Exploring different emotions and their functions
- Practical skills to help regulate emotions effectively
- Creating tools and resources to help you apply discussed skills to specific activities and situations which are important to you
This group will be a closed group limited to 10 people, and is meant for individuals 20 and older.
Your registration is for all 6 sessions and the group members will stay the same for all 6 weeks. This helps with consistency, allows us to build on previously discussed knowledge, and is meant to create a safe and supportive community within this group setting. A short intake form will be sent to participants prior to the first session to ensure this group is right for you.
450+hst for 6 weeks (we have an option for weekly payments of 75+HST upon request)
Receipt provided for insurance purposes.