Time for Acceptance:
Time & Location
About the Event
About the Event
This group is designed for adult women (30+) who are looking to create a more positive relationship with their bodies.
Body Image is something we all have defined as "how you see yourself when you look in the mirror or when you picture yourself in your mind."
- What you believe about your own appearance (including your memories, assumptions, and generalizations).
- How you feel about your body, including your height, shape, and weight.
- How you sense and control your body as you move. How you physically experience or feel in your body.
- Many of us internalize messages starting at a young age that can lead to either positive or negative body image. Having a healthy body image is an important part of mental wellbeing and eating disorders prevention.
As a therapist, I commonly see individuals in my office who despite what brought them in, are battling a discomfort with their bodies.
This may look like:
-Feeling like you think about, or feel your body more than you would like to.
-A constant feeling of needing to change your body that never gets better.
-An overwhelming sense of your body not being good enough.
-A recent change in attitude towards your body and a desire to explore this.
-Weight stigma, weight based judgement that impacts your daily life.
Women over 30 have unique experiences that shape their relationship with their body image. This may include; hormones, body changes, stress, mental illness and unresolved shame around their body.
What do we do in this group? This group will help us to look more critically at the rules we have set for ourselves and our bodies. By identifying where we are in terms of our relationship with our bodies: through Psycho-education and skill building.
- Why? Critical analysis of what is enabling the negative feelings, and why you are here.
- What? What are the unique challenges we face as women who are aging. Comparisons? Hormones? Illness?
- What we need to do to calm the negative voices and expectations.
- Who are you and who do you want to be? Who we are trying to please? Who we are influenced by?
- Where the changes need to start.
- Why it is important now and why we wish we started sooner.
Come and join us for an event that will explore body image, health at every size and coping with negative self esteem. This event will thrive off of the support from one another along with working through therapeutic exercises together in a structured format. Power point presentation, workbook included.
Facilitated by Registered Psychotherapist Carly Crawford.
Investment is $90.00 per person (sliding scale available)