Thu, Mar 07|
Raising Confidence : A guide to modelling positivity around food and weight
Help children learn to know themselves and their bodies.
Time & Location
Mar 07, 2024, 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Hamilton, 97 James St N, Hamilton, ON L8R 2K6, Canada
About the event
This workshop is for you if you want to raise your children (or children you care about) to have a positive relationship with food and their bodies. This workshop is not just for parents, but also for aunts, uncles, grandparents, teachers or caregivers of children who want to help change the narrative that fat is bad and one's worth is tied to weight.
We will discuss trusting children to choose what they eat, allowing them to live by their likes and dislikes, letting them decide when they have had enough and to say no when they want to. This will help children learn to know themselves and their bodies.
If raising your children in a society full of fat bias and weight stigma is concerning to you, this workshop will help you navigate how to keep your loved ones safe at home and to navigate boundary setting when they are not with you.
Please join us if you want your kids to learn to love a variety of foods and to have a positive relationship with food and their body for the long term.
Do you want your kids to:
- Be calm around all foods.
- Feel confident in their eating abilities.
- Grow into the body that is right for them.
- Learn to love a variety of foods on their own.
- Listen to their bodies when it comes to amounts of food and learn how to self-regulate.
- Not feel shame or guilt for eating certain foods.
- Not attach their eating or weight to their worth.
- Know that food is not just fuel and is valuable in many ways.
Thursday, March 7th @630-8pm
Investment: $65.00 (including HST)
Registration and payment is required by: Wednesday, February 28th to secure your spot.
Limited to 10 participants.
Facilitated by: Tracey Harper, Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Remi Long, Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying)