Mon, Nov 22|
Monday Night Yoga
Mindfulness and slowing down is an essential part of Mental Health. Yoga can be an amazing compliment to Psychotherapy for everyone and every Body. This Hatha yoga is gentle and slow and is a wonderful way to calm the mind and slow your breath. Limited to 4 registrants per class.
Time & Location
Nov 22, 2021, 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
CCP, 97 James St N, Hamilton, ON L8R 2K6, Canada
About the event
Kate has been practicing yoga for over 20 years, however would roll out her mat as a way to stretch following a workout, not yet aware of the deeper benefits of this practice. It wasn't until a few years ago, this ancient practice became so much more for her, in working through issues around anxiety, the grief of losing her Father, and managing a lifelong battle with digestive issues with no medical answers or diagnosis - the healing benefits of yoga were undeniable. After taking a 4 day yoga retreat to Wolfe Island in Kingston, Ontario with her husband 4 years ago -- an awakening occurred, and the desire to learn more, practice more, and share the unending benefits of this practice with others ignited. She found a sense of 'coming home' though the Yogashala studio in Waterdown, and under the instrcution of Barb Leese she completed the 200 hour yoga teacher training program in Hatha yoga based on the Iyengar tradition. Kates classes offer a balance of Sthira and Sukha (steadiness and ease) and aim to help the student come back home, to themselves. Kate currently teaches exclusively through virtual classes, and feels this allows the student to turn inward more freely, and find their own way home, to themselves.
Join us for a combination of two different types of yoga:
Yin classes involve holding postures for 3-5 minutes, to hydrate our fascia, and allow healing to occur in these tissues. We hold emotions in the body, and in the tissues, fascia will dry out, causing stiffness, limited mobility and tension, so yin allows us to hydrate these tissues, and soften into these areas to find release.
Gentle Hatha will focus on proper alignment in the asanas (postures) and we hold these for anywhere from 3 to 5 breaths. We also incorporate pranayama (breath work) which helps soothe our parasympathetic systems, and allow us to turn inward in a connection of mind, body and breath.
This class is limited to 4 participants to account for COVID regulations. Proof of Vaccine is required from public health as this counts as an exercise based event. Wait list is available for last minute cancellations.
We ask that you do NOT attend in-person if any of the following applies to you.
- You're experiencing any symptoms of illness (cough, fever, aches, fatigue, stomach upset , sore throat, pink eye, shortness of breath)
- You have been exposed to anyone who has COVID-19, or has potentially been in contact with anyone else who may have been in contact with a COVID -19 positive person.
- You have been in contact with someone awaiting results of a COVID-19 test.
- You have been in contact with someone who is ill.
- We ask that you be completely forthcoming with information regarding previous testing for COVID-19 or diagnosis.
- You have not been following the public health guidelines set out.
- Anyone in your home has been a contact of someone who has tested positive (this includes cases where someone has been isolated from school but has tested negative)
When entering the space:
- We will ask that you review and sign the yoga waiver and show your vaccination proof.
- We ask that you wear a mask until you are on your mat. If you do not have a proper mask we have medical grade ones you can wear.
- We will be following the physical distancing protocol in yoga by properly positioning the mats. We can do this by sitting in certain places in the studio and limiting numbers.
- We are limiting the amount of people in the office space at one time.
- We will be leaving windows open to allow for proper air flow so please bring a sweater.
- We ask that everyone wash their hands upon arrival and before they leave (We will provide hand sanitizer at the entrance.).
Fee for yoga is 20.00
E-transfer to email@example.com to ensure your spot OR provide CC information ahead of time.