Wed, May 11|
Gifts of Imperfection Workshop
Learn core strategies from Brene Brown's best selling book of the same title. Courage, authenticity, letting go of who you "should" be while exploring the role of perfectionism in your life are key themes.
Time & Location
May 11, 2022, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
CCP, 97 James St N, Hamilton, ON L8R 2K6, Canada
About the event
I am thrilled to be able to offer this workshop again on a book that I believe everyone should read. Brene Brown's work offers a wonderful guide to working through topics that impact so many of us. Learning to be who we are without always wanting more, learning to let go of who we are supposed to be and learning to say NO.
This group could be helpful for:
Anyone who considers themselves to be perfectionistic or too hard on themselves.
Anyone who is going through a transition and needs some grounding.
Anyone with a generalized anxiety diagnosis.
Anyone trying to cope with the 'busyness' of life!
This workshop will be a combination of support and sharing along with structured exercises and reflection. We will be using a combination of materials from the book and other therapeutic interventions to dive into these topics. Group will be kept small to ensure that it is safe and open opportunity for sharing.
Brene goes through 10 Guideposts in her book:
10 GUIDEPOSTS FOR WHOLEHEARTED LIVING:
1. Cultivating Authenticity – Let go of what people think about you
2. Cultivating Self-Compassion – Let go of perfectionism
3. Cultivating a Resilient Spirit – Let go of numbing & powerlessness
4. Cultivating Gratitude & Joy – Let go of scarcity
5. Cultivating Intuition & Trusting Faith – Let go of the need for certainty
6. Cultivating Creativity – Let go of comparison
7. Cultivating Play & Rest – Let go of exhaustion as a status symbol & productivity as self-worth
8. Cultivating Calm & Stillness – Let go of anxiety as a lifestyle
9. Cultivating Meaningful Work – Let go of self-doubt & “supposed to”
10. Cultivating Laughter, Song, & Dance – Let go of being cool & “always in control”
We will do our best to get through the 10 guideposts together!
Please review our COVID Policy and Directions to the Office:
-We ask that you wear a mask when you are unable to maintain distance with other's in the space. If you don't have a proper mask we have medical grade ones you can wear.
-We will be following the physical distancing protocol in the office. We can do this by sitting in certain places in the office and by not arriving early for your appointments (so as to not use the waiting area)
-We are limiting the amount of people in the office space at one time.
-We will be leaving windows open to allow for proper air flow so please bring a sweater.
-We ask that everyone wash their hands upon arrival and before they leave (We will provide hand sanitizer at the entrance.).
We ask that you do NOT attend in-person if any of the following applies to you:
-You're experiencing any symptoms of illness (cough, fever, aches, fatigue, stomach upset ,
sore throat, pink eye, shortness of breath).
-You have been exposed to anyone who has COVID-19, or has potentially been in contact with anyone else who may have been in contact with a COVID -19 positive person.
-You have been in contact with someone awaiting results of a COVID-19 test.
-You have been in contact with someone who is ill.
-Anyone in your home has been a contact of someone who has tested positive (this includes cases where someone has been isolated from school but has tested negative)
Directions to the Office:
Office instructions for In-person sessions:
1. Office location is on 97 James Street North Unit 2A and 2B (Hamilton)
2. There is ample parking available on the street, along with several paid lots around the space. One is off of VINE st and one is off of YORK.
3. Walk to the front of the building to use the front door. We are located right above Cottage 13 tattoos.
4. Use the intercom directory (it is very hard to read) if you can see Crawford select that or press 002. This will buzz up to us and we will let you in. If the buzzer is not working, please call 905 527 8008 and we will come and get you.
5. Go up the stairwell to level 2 and to the workshop is in 2A.
6. Come through the doors- wash hands and review COVID policy.
Grab Brene's Book today and get reading! It is an easy read that you will not be able to put down! You do not need to read the book in advance, but it is an asset.
Investment is $90.00 + hst per person.
Facilitated by Carly Crawford, Registered Psychotherapist