Sat, Sept 29|
The Studio at THRIVE
Gifts of Imperfection Workshop
Learn core strategies from Brene Brown's best selling book of the same title. Courage, authenticity, letting go of who you "should" be and exploring the role of perfectionism in your life are key themes.
Time & Location
Sept 29, 2018, 2:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
The Studio at THRIVE, 2289 Fairview St, Burlington, ON L7R 2E4, Canada
About the event
I am thrilled to finally be able to offer this workshop on a book that I believe everyone should read. Brene Brown's work offers a wonderful guide to working through topics that impact so many of us. Learning to be who we are without always wanting more, learning to let go of who we are supposed to be and learning to say NO.
This workshop will be a combination of support and sharing along with structured exercises and reflection. We will be using a combination of materials from the book and other therapeutic interventions to dive into these topics. Group will be kept small to ensure that it is safe and open opportunity for sharing.
Brene goes through 10 Guideposts in her book:
10 GUIDEPOSTS FOR WHOLEHEARTED LIVING:
1. Cultivating Authenticity – Let go of what people think about you
2. Cultivating Self-Compassion – Let go of perfectionism
3. Cultivating a Resilient Spirit – Let go of numbing & powerlessness
4. Cultivating Gratitude & Joy – Let go of scarcity
5. Cultivating Intuition & Trusting Faith – Let go of the need for certainty
6. Cultivating Creativity – Let go of comparison
7. Cultivating Play & Rest – Let go of exhaustion as a status symbol & productivity as self-worth
8. Cultivating Calm & Stillness – Let go of anxiety as a lifestyle
9. Cultivating Meaningful Work – Let go of self-doubt & “supposed to”
10. Cultivating Laughter, Song, & Dance – Let go of being cool & “always in control”
We will do our best to get through the 10 guideposts together!
Grab Brene's Book today and get reading! It is an easy read that you will not be able to put down! You do not need to read the book in advance, but it is an asset.
Investment is $75.00 per person.