Sun, Jun 26|
Caring for Carers
A skills based workshop designed to enhance and teach skills to help carers support their loved ones with Mental Illness.
Time & Location
Jun 26, 2022, 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Hamilton, 97 James St N, Hamilton, ON L8R 2K6, Canada
About the event
Caring for Carers is a combination Workshop and Support Group.
This group was created to help bridge the gap in services, and help support carers. Due to lack of services, often times Carers end up in the position of supporting loved ones through their Mental Illness. This workshop aims to bring like minded individuals together in a safe, confidential and supportive environment to discuss tough topics.
This group is appropriate for:
- Individuals (parents, friends, spouses) who are supporting a loved one with Mental Illness.
- Individuals who are open to learning strategies, skills and discussing the challenges that come with learning to navigate Mental Illness in the home.
- Individuals who are struggling to navigate the Mental Health Care system.
- Individuals who are feeling the impact of carer burn out (feeling tired, hopeless, agitated, confused and scared).
- Individuals who would benefit from a check in (Those of you that may be supporting someone in recovery can still benefit)
- Individuals who are supporting a loved one with an Eating Disorder.
- Open discussion.
- Checking in with you; coping with Carer Burn out.
- Eating Disorders and the unique role of the carer in supporting this illness.
- Emotion Coaching and Validation training
- Anxiety Management (Carer's)
- Stages of Change
- Identifying Carer Styles
- Managing expectations
- Crisis management
Investment is $200.00 for the day
Facilitated by: Carly Crawford, Registered Psychotherapist
**Receipt provided for insurance purposes.