Tue, Jan 14|
Location is TBD
Caring for Carers
A skills based workshop designed to enhance and teach skills to help carers support their loved ones with Mental Illness.
Time & Location
Jan 14, 2020, 6:00 p.m.
Location is TBD
About the event
Caring for Carers is a combination Workshop and Support Group.
This group was created to help bridge the gap in services, and help support carers. Due to lack of services, often times Carers end up in the position of supporting loved ones with Mental Illness.This workshop aims to bring like minded individuals together in a safe, confidential and supportive environment to discuss tough topics.
This group is appropriate for:
- Individuals (parents, friends, spouses) who are supporting a loved one with Mental Illness.
- Individuals who are open to learning strategies, skills and discussing the challenges that come with learning to navigate Mental Illness in the home.
- Individuals who are struggling to navigate the Mental Health Care system.
- Individuals who are feeling the impact of carer burn out (feeling tired, hopeless, agitated, confused and scared).
- Individuals who would benefit from a check in (Those of you that may be supporting someone in recovery can still benefit)
- Specialized topics include supporting those with Eating Disorders and Personality Disorders.
- Open discussion.
- Checking in with you; coping with Carer Burn out.
- Stories of recovery: Special Guest Speaker
- Personality Disorders.
- Emotion Coaching and Validation training
- Anxiety Management
- Special Guest Speaker: A individual who is in recovery from their eating disorder.
This group is limited to 10 people. Sign up is required- 4 spots left.
Investment is $75.00 (sliding scale available if needed) $125 per couple.
**Receipt provided for insurance purposes.