Caring for Carers
Time & Location
About the Event
Caring for Carers is a combination Workshop and Support Group.
Due to lack of services, often times Carers end up in the position of supporting loved ones with Mental Illness.This groups was created to help bridge the gap in services, and help support carers. This group takes place each season and brings like minded individuals together in a safe, confidential and supportive environment to discuss tough topics.
Facilitated by Carly Crawford (RP) who has been running these groups for over 10 years.
This group is appropriate for:
- Individuals (parents, friends, spouses) who are supporting a loved one with Mental Illness.
- Individuals who are open to learning strategies, skills and discussing the challenges that come with learning to navigate Mental Illness in the home.
- Individuals who are struggling to navigate the Mental Health Care system.
- Individuals who are feeling the impact of carer burn out. (feeling tired, hopeless, agitated or confused.
- Specialized topics include supporting those with Eating Disorders and Personality Disorders.
- Open discussion.
- Stories of recovery.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Boundary setting.
- Diagnosis overview and challenges
- System downfalls
- Self Care
- Anxiety management
This group is limited to 18 people. Sign up is required.
Investment is $150.00-Receipt provided for insurance purposes.