Mon, Nov 01|
Postures are held for a minimum of 3 minutes, to allow the body to begin to repair and restore. Use of props is required, to allow the physical body to be embraced and allow for settlement into the postures, encouraging a feeling of safety to 'let go' so that healing can be received.
Time & Location
Nov 01, 2021, 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Hamilton, 97 James St N, Hamilton, ON L8R 2K6, Canada
About the event
Yin / Restorative Yoga "It's time to feel, so you can begin to heal" - John Barnes
This class targets the deep connective tissues in the body, such as your fascia, ligaments and joints. Postures are held for a minimum of 3 minutes, to allow the body to begin to repair and restore. Use of props is required, to allow the physical body to be embraced and allow for settlement into the postures, encouraging a feeling of safety to 'let go' so that healing can be received.
Most if not all postures are from a seated or supine (lying down) position, with occasional brief lunge work, or downward dog to transition from one position to the next. No previous yoga experience is required; not recommended for those with clinical hypermobility issues. If you own props and would like to bring them please include a bolster, blanket, strap and blocks. If you do not have these items, they will be provided for you in class.
Facilitated by: Kate
Proof of vaccination is require, along with agreeance of the COVID policy below:
We ask that you do NOT attend in-person if any of the following applies to you.
- You're experiencing any symptoms of illness (cough, fever, aches, fatigue, stomach upset , sore throat, pink eye, shortness of breath)
- You have been exposed to anyone who has COVID-19, or has potentially been in contact with anyone else who may have been in contact with a COVID -19 positive person.
- You have been in contact with someone awaiting results of a COVID-19 test.
- You have been in contact with someone who is ill.
- We ask that you be completely forthcoming with information regarding previous testing for COVID-19 or diagnosis.
- You have not been following the public health guidelines set out.
- Anyone in your home has been a contact of someone who has tested positive (this includes cases where someone has been isolated from school but has tested negative)
When entering the space:
- We ask that you wear a mask if you have not been vaccinated OR if we cannot maintain proper distancing. If you do not have a proper mask we have medical grade ones you can wear.
- We will be leaving windows open to allow for proper air flow so please bring a sweater.
- We ask that everyone wash their hands upon arrival and before they leave (We will provide hand sanitizer at the entrance.).